Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Settling In, Improvements, and my Garden

So we have been in our house for 3 weeks now and we are mostly settled. The only things that are left to unpack are obviously the things that we don't need. Random stuff that gets put in a box in a closet anyways. So we'll get to those things soon and either have a garage sale or throw a lot of junk away. We've already given 3 huge boxes of clothes to the shelters!

I have been loving my garden and my flowers. I planted tomatoes, chives, basil, cilantro, and dill and previously existing were carrots, spinach, lettuce and green onions. The lettuce is delicious I picked a bunch last weekend and used it all week. I don't want to buy produce anymore! Here are some shots of my carrots I picked tonight - look at all of them! And the rose is the first rose from my garden, it is so beautiful and smells just as good as it looks! I can't wait 'till the rest bloom.
Blackberries are growing so fast!
Some of the herbs I planted and my tomatoes
Look at those carrots!
I gave them a haircut and a bath. That's better!
Check out the top left carrot, it split into two :)
My beautiful first rose!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

VERY AWESOME!!!
I hope you plan on sharing some of those carrots - with someone I know who loves carrotts... :-)

Beautiful rose too!!