Monday, August 23, 2010

Fruit Salad with Mint

Really wanted something sweet and cool on this HOT evening to go along with my fried fish.....I remembered wanting to make fruit with mint. I googled recipes and found this and made it! SO GOOD. Try it - with any seasonal fruit you can find. The almond extract in it is amazing and adds just a hint of yumminess. Also I have a TON of mint in my yard so it was pretty convenient to use...

Oh yeah.....I just bought little containers of the fruit, I didnt pay attention to the actual measurements according to the recipe. For this you can't go wrong!

INGREDIENTS

1 pt strawberries
1 pt blueberries
1 mango peeled, sliced (I got presliced from Trader Joes :-)
1 peach peeled and cubed. (I left this out completely, no ripe ones at the store. . . )
1/8 cup simple syrup (Instructions below)
1/4 cup lime juice (about 3 limes)
1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
1/8 tsp almond extract

Chop and mix fruit as desired.

SIMPLE SYRUP

Equal parts water & sugar. Boil water and then mix in sugar until dissolved fully. Remove immediately from heat then cool completely.
_______________

In a blender combine chopped mint, simple syrup, lime juice and almond extract. Blend together then pour over fruit. Refrigerate (overnight is great for flavors to meld) for at least an hour and serve!

It was YUM!!! Hope you enjoy!

No comments: