Thursday, April 5, 2012

Seared Salmon in Creamy Dill Sauce

I have made this 3 times in the last 6 weeks. The first time, I only made 2 salmon filets, and we wanted more. So the 2nd time I made an extra one for us to split, and with extra sauce and I just used the sauce during the week as a dip for cucumbers & veggies. The 3rd time I made it was when my in-laws came over, and I impressed them, they loved it.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup low fat mayo
1/2 cup nonfat (0%) Greek Yogurt
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
3 tbl. fresh lemon juice
4 (6oz) salmon fillets, with skin
salt and pepper
1 tbl extra virgin olive oil

Steps:

In a small bowl, combie the mayo, yogurt, scallions, dill and lemon juice. Season the salmon with salt & pepper. (SIDE NOTE: I've added a bit of salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the sauce as well and it turned out yummy. Or a bit of fresh garlic. Play with it a bit!)

In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the salmon, flesh side down, and sear until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn and sear the skin side until the salmon just flakes when tested with a fork, about 3 minutes longer.

Spoon 3 tbl of the sauce of the dill sauce and serve.

Nutrition at a glance:
Per serving: 419 cals, 27 g fat, 6 g sat fat, 37 g protein, 5 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 235 mg sodium

No comments: