Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dinner Time - is Breakfast Time! :-)

Well....not much in the grocery budget this week so I ran short on groceries by today. Good thing pay day is tomorrow! That meant that tonight was breakfast for dinner! Which by the way I love anyways, not just because my fridge was empty.

Caleb was home, which was nice, and he helped me out..... 1) because I burnt the pancakes last time I made them (I think that it's kind of like doing garlic bread. I seem to just burn it each time!) and 2) I'm sick....or getting sick. What the heck? But that's another story I suppose. So either way I was just happy to have company in the kitchen.

Caleb gets into cooking and kind of "goes all in". So.....how can you do that for breakfast consisting of the standard bacon, eggs and pancakes? Well, make a berry reduction sauce....duh! Right....LoL. Well it was very yummy. We had some frozed mixed berries in the freezer that we mixed with water, sugar and some cornstartch and boiled away 'till it was nice and thick. That topped off our pancakes.

As for the pancakes, well I just used boxed baking mix....gotta love it! I had exactly 1 cup of it left, thankfully just enough for the minimal serving. We baked the bacon instead of frying it....nice alternative. The bacon, which I don't normally have on hand....happened to be buy 1 get 1 free at Vons a few weeks ago so I figured it would come in handy.

At the end of all of that....this is our dinner.... =)


Gotta love the nights where you just eat everything that's left in your pantry! ;-)

We'll see what next week holds.....depends on what is on sale at the grocery store....

I'm going to take night time cold medicine and pass out in bed now. Goodnight.....

No comments: