Monday, May 17, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Let me start by saying, my mom is pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. Though, those of you who have the pleasure of knowing her, I would think you'd agree. She is a wife, a mother, a full-time employee (make that business operations manager at Comcast which is technically way more than just standard 40 hr full time status by the way), women's ministries leader at church, and most importantly a friend not just to others but to me. She's had a pretty straining year by anyone's standard so I decided to make mother's day extra special.

My plan started off being massages, pedicures and lunch in Solvang. Most of this was covered by my super awesome radio contest winning skills, meaning I had a massage and a lunch certificate in my pocket at the Hadsten House Inn & Spa in Solvang. If you have never been there, by the way, this is a shameless plug saying you must try it. Pricey? Yes. Worth it? Double Yes. Though, you could always listen to Krazy Country 105.9 on weekday mornings at about 8am for "Family Fued" question of the day to win a 3 course dinner for two at the restaurant, which is how I prefer to do it. But anyways, I digress.... =)

My plan slightly changed to be just pedicures and lunch at the Hadsten House. Between massage and pedicure my mom chose pedicure to have "cute toes" (to quote mother) for Hawaii...(she left a few days later for her 30th anniversary trip with my dad) I made the appointment at Enchante Spa in Solvang, which is another place that you MUST visit if you are in need of some pampering. It is owned by a woman named Debbie and she has owned it for 10 years. It's on Alisal road in Solvang and it's the most adorable cottage you've ever seen, which happens to be a spa!

So, pedicures were all set. Now on to plan lunch. Well, the day before the day,I realized that the Hadsten House isn't open for lunch! Um, DUH. Darn it....so, on to plan B! That would have been great, had I actually made a plan B. So, I made an executive decision that we'd eat at Los Olivos Cafe. No coupon for my plan B, but it's okay cause mommy dearest is worth every penny ;-)

I picked up my mom in a private chauffeured car that morning (okay okay,that was more in my 'dream' plan.....I'll start over.)So I picked her up in my newly washed sparkling white 2004 Toyota Corolla. I know, I know, with such a cool car, why would I even want to hire a privately chauffeured car anyways? I don't know what I was thinking.

And, we were off! It was a lovely day!


Being greeted by a beautiful rose and flower garden, nothing beats that. So pretty!

Mom....sipping her iced tea and munching on her freshly baked rasberry scone. So delicious! And at no extra cost by the way. And yes that is a lavendar scented warm neck wrap she has on. These ladies at Enchante don't mess around when it comes to pampering you!
How could you not relax in a spa that looks like this? Adorable!!!
Me and Mom, freshly done toes and ready to enjoy lunch. Which was yummy by the way. No pictures though darn it I forgot to take my camera out of my purse, we were too busy gabbing away.... ;-)
Love you Mom!

No comments: