Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tatoos

So, after many years of Caleb wanting a tatoo, and several designs later, he has settled on his pick and made his appointment to get his first ink....he is going to Copper Coffin in Santa Maria to someone that comes highly recommended. Caleb has already gone to the shop several times to meet with the artist and modify his design so that he can get the best result. He is getting the tatoo on his forearm.....I think on his left arm.

He is going to get a bible verse, found in Galations 6:17, which says (along the lines) "Therefore, let no one cause me harm, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus". I know some people think that tatoos are bad or whatever, but I think that if you are going to get something on your body, it better represent who you are as a person. Our faith in our Lord is #1 in our life, so what better for him to get then a verse talking about our Lord? I'm excited for him, and I will of course post pictures when it's completed. His appointment is for August 16th.....I'll keep you posted!

All this talk about Caleb getting a tatoo just sparks my interest in getting one too! I've always played around with the idea...but never really committed to it. Mainly because I couldn't decide on a spot that wouldn't bother me 30 years from now, and also I couldn't decide on what I'd permenantly want on my body! Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm going to for sure get one now....however I'm closer now than I was a few years ago. I think I would get something either representing my faith or my relationship with my husband. Right now I have a friend who is drawing me up a few different ideas to include a gerbera daisy (my wedding flower), 7/16/05 (wedding date) and a modern, somewhat abstract monogram of "C", "B", and "T" for Caleb and Becky Tammar :) The location I've settled on for now is the center of my back. I picked there because it would only really show in a bathing suit or a dress w/ a low cut back, so I could have the option of covering it up if I ever wanted to.

Hmmmmmm

Yeah I dont know, but I'll for sure post it if I decide to get one!