Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Vacation Week at the Lake


On one of our hike explorations :)


Layout out at the Lake


Us in front of the Cabin

July 12th through July 19th my family embarked on a week long vacation at Hume Lake. For those of you who don't know where this is, look it up, it's beautiful! It is located in the Sequoia National Forest, near Kings Canyon outside of Fresno County.
My family consisted of Caleb & I, my parents, my mom's parents and my dad's parents. So, I had both of my sets of grandparents and my parents under 1 roof for a week! Despite the craziness that comes with packing, everything ended up being a blast.

We have to take everything with us to the cabin, including all toiletries, our own food to cook our meals, towels, and everything! And it was very important to throw the trash away in the designated bins or else the bears could get it! I'm not a big fan of bears....

A big adventure of the week was going repelling down a 100 foot cliff inside Kings Canyon! It was like nothing I'd ever experienced. Was I scared? HECK YES! However I wouldn't change it for the world. Me, Caleb & my dad were the brave ones of the group. Check out the pictures!

Starting my decent, oh man was I scared!

Caleb lookin' like a pro!

The rest of the week consisted of kayaking, swimming, laying out, a lot of hiking through the forest and to the big Sequoia Trees in Grant's Grove and Redwood Canyon. Caleb spent a lot of time exloring trails on his new mountain bike and boy did he love breaking that bike in! My grandpa's, my dad and Caleb went fishing one morning and caught 13 trout!!! The next morning my dad fried the trout up with some eggs and potatoes and that was the yummiest breakfast. Fresh fried fish, the whole fish! YUM :)

We spent lots of time playing games, and just hanging out by the lake. The first few days were warm but with Thunderstorms and Lightening! It turned out to be a good thing though because it cleared out all of the smoke that was in the canyon.
We also spent our 3 year wedding anniversary at the Lake on Wednesday July 16th. I can't beleive 3 years already! Caleb bought me a beautiful new leather bound Bible (mine was pretty old!) and he is getting his long awaited Tatoo in August that will count as my present to him.

Now we are back to the real world at work and in overcast Santa Maria weather. :-( Ah life in the central coast. Nothing is quiet like being out in the fresh mountain air, I miss it! There's always next year!
I'll post more pictures of vacation later.....keep checking back!

No comments: